Free Blackberry Storm!!!

By C. Randall Waters on 2/18/2009 11:56:00 PM

Filed Under: ,

A few months ago Blackberry released their first touch screen phone, the Storm. My Mother was super excited about it, so we got it for her birthday/christmas present. Little did I know it would end up being a gift for me too.

Verizon started a new promotion this week offering buy-one-get-one on any Blackberry phones they carry. I was bummed since we already bought my Mother her phone that we missed this great deal. Well woulnd't you know, she gets this text message saying that since she was a loyal VZ customer and had recently purchased the Storm she could get a free storm on any line with and available upgrade. Guess who had the available upgrade. :)

So we go up to VZ and I walk out with a brand spankin new Blackberry Storm without paying a single dime for it. No pay now and rebate later, or any hidden fees. It was just FREE. I did buy a case and screen protectors but got a sweet discount on those too.

Not too many things are truly free these days but yesterday the Blackberry Storm was free for me. Thankfully my Mother loves me and lets me stay on her family plan. Thankfully I was available for an upgrade.

I know many of you have iPhones and will think that the Storm is an inferior device, but did you get yours for free, oh wait, I got an iPhone for free once too. Ha yeah, i just use it as an itouch though. I'm just to stubborn to leave the VZ network. They are the only network I've used since I got my first phone in 2000 and they haven't failed me yet.