Book Review: Coffeehouse Theology

By C. Randall Waters on 3/11/2009 09:10:00 PM

Filed Under: , ,

Coffeehouse Theology: Reflecting on God in Everyday Life
by: Ed Cyzewski

I have been trying to challenge the way I process my thoughts about my faith. Not necessarily challenge my faith but just how I view the scripture and how I see God in my life.  Coffeehouse Theology by Ed Cyzewski has been a great read for me to learn new ways to challenge how I think. In this book Ed addresses how we can and sometimes need to view scripture and God with in the context of our lives today. He eloquently describes how that can change the way we interpret God through our everyday lives.


Don't be scared by the fact this is a book on Theology. Ed puts everything in terms for anyone to understand. He uses great examples from life that you can follow along with easily. I was scared that this would be a postmodern rant about the church but it embraces thoughts from everyone and just challenges you to see things in a different light.  I found it to be a refreshing look at the way God is apart of our lives and in everything that we do.  It also makes a good argument why theology is not a negative part of our faiths and isn’t just for scholars. Theology can be for everyone. Start you study in theology with Coffeehouse Theology by Ed Cyzewski.