Already Attained

By C. Randall Waters on 2/15/2008 09:44:00 AM

Filed Under:

Philippians 3:12-16

Pressing on Toward the Goal
12Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

15All of us who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you. 16Only let us live up to what we have already attained.


What have I already attained?
My answer to that would be my salvation. So let me live up to my salvation. How do I do that?

Live for God, Love God, Seek God, Fulfill the Great Commission, I press on and take hold to that which Christ Jesus took hold of me, Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead.

This letter from Paul is so rich and so encouraging.

To live up to my salvation, I have to give my heart completely to Christ. I have to surrender my heart to him, let him take care of it, let him hide it. My heart will then be replaced with him, I want the only love I have to give to others to be the love of Christ coming out of me. I don't want to give my love or my heart to anyone else but Christ. I want all that I have to give, to be Christ!