The sickness

By C. Randall Waters on 2/17/2008 11:43:00 PM

Filed Under:

So I have been sick all day. This really sucks, because I am not one to really get sick, and I hate it when I can not do what I originally wanted to do. I was supposed to hang out with some of my friends from Taylor today, but I didn't want to risk getting them sick and I knew that I wouldn't have been and fun to hang out with being all drugged up and coughing up a lung.

I took this stuff earlier called Airborne. Its a vitamin supplement for vitamin C. One dose of this stuff is 1600% of your daily vitamin C dosage. It was really interesting. Anyways, i hate being sick and I hope that it gets better for YL tomorrow.

3 comments for this post

Anonymous

randy,
i take airborne almost every day b/c my students at school cough all over me and their work they turn in. my doctor told me that airborne doesn't do anything for a person's immune system, but since i started taking it i have gotten sick less. also, and this will sound weird, if you put hydrogen peroxide in your ears for two minutes it can kill bacteria that causes colds. the theory is that colds enter through your ears or mouth. if you put the peroxide in your ear, and it starts fizzing, then you have some bacteria there. it really only works at the onset of a cold, not when you already have it, so you have to determine when you are about to get sick. megan and i love it. anywho, get well soon
--ian

Posted on February 18, 2008 at 10:13 AM  

I'm not trying to rip on you or anything but I would be careful on the amount of Vitamin C you partake in. It reduces the amount of other nutrients in your body such as copper and iron. Also, taking to much can cause nausea, diarrhea and all kinds of crap. Remember, it is an acid. Also, taking this much for a long period of time can destroy your kidneys. You should take a little extra while you have a fever or infection, but 16 times the normal dose seems a little ridiculous. Not to harp on you just saying be fore-warned.

Posted on February 18, 2008 at 1:20 PM  

I never really thought that airborne would work, but I'm with Ian. I've gotten sick less since I've started taking it. I also agree with Derek though and only take it at the on set of a cold. Hyping up your immune system with too much extra vitamins etc all the time can't be good for you. I don't know how I feel about peroxide in my ear though. You'll have to let me know if you try that one.

Posted on February 19, 2008 at 12:27 AM