Beauty in a Broken Mirror

By C. Randall Waters on 4/01/2009 03:06:00 AM

Filed Under: , ,

I was challenged this week to be creative and to find create something that represents me. This challenge got me very excited because I love to be created and to find ways to release my creative side. However, as the week went on I just could not think of what to do. As usual it came down to crunch time to finish my creative challenge. 
Here is how my thought process worked at 4:30 AM yesterday. Got home from hanging out with my friend Mike and was very tired. I entered my bed room and saw the broken mirror on the floor that I had broke last week. (I was so mad at myself for breaking it, I just left it.) Hmmm, wonder if I can do something with that. Then I turned and saw my Nikon D40 on my dresser. Hmmm, wonder what kind of pictures I could take with a broken mirror. I began to play around with different ideas and well none of them worked that well. Since it was like 6:00 AM I decided to go to bed. (if you didn't know, I work as a night auditor at a hotel so I stay up all night all the time.)
I woke up took my shower and then it came to me. 
Even though the mirror is broken it can still reflect beautiful things. 
Here is what came out of that. 
 
  
  
  
  
  
  
How do these pictures represent me? Well, to me, these images are a view of how my broken life reflects the beauty of Christ. Even though a mirror is broken doesn't mean it stops reflecting what's in front of it. As long as I keep Christ in my view, leading me, I will continue to reflect His beauty, love and sacrafice.